Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Finally Here!!!!

After a few phone calls to INS and a hundred trips to the mailbox we finally have it. You may know it as the I-171H but here in Maryland its called the I-797C. Regardless of the name one thing is for certain. The U.S. government in it infinate wisdom feels that we are prepared to be parents.
After months of compiling the required documents it comes as a shock to finally be done. Not too sure what we will do with all our "free time", one things for certain, we will not be looking for a notary.
Over the next few days the last of our documents will be certified and authenticated and then we are DTC. So after a long wait we settle back and prepare ourselves for the longest wait.

3 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Family Bits said...

Congratulations!
We were DTC in April, and the wait is killing me.
Karen

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Trixie said...

You go guys ! Yeah. Crossing that finish line feels good, huh ? Hopefully we will be there soon enough too.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

My husband and I are from North Irwin, Pennsylvania. We seem to be at about the same point in this adoption paperchase. I received an e-mail this morning notifying us that our I171-H form was issued on October 15th, we have just not received it in the mail yet. We are also using Great Wall. Wonder if we'll be in the same travel group. I am currently working on setting up our blog. I'm stuck, though. I republished the thing about 1000 times and it's blank! I finally e-mailed Blogger for some blogging assistance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Put your mouse over here